David Sedaris: Live for your listing pleasure.

14:54 mareku 0 Comments



Now that I have booked a ticket for David Sedaris performance in London next March (hurry - it is almost sold out already!) I looked around for any material of David I don't own yet. On my quest I found this most peculiar item: his latest audiobook “Live for Your Listening Pleasure,” which features readings before audiences, available on the least portable of formats: vinyl.
Reminiscent of Blue Note albums from the 1950s and 1960s, the cover features a photograph of a woman sprawled on a white shag rug with a come-hither look, albums strewn about.
Maja Thomas, senior vice president for digital and audio publishing at the Hachette Book Group, says she was drawn to the idea precisely because it was quirky. Mr. Sedaris’s “audience is very attuned to irony and is going to find this funny,”
Luckily you can also download the audiobook as a torrent :-)
(which is what I ended up with...)

You Might Also Like