Overwhelmed...

20:14 mareku 0 Comments

I have to say we are really overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information and the quality of it here at Web 2.0 expo.
I have never written so many notes and new ideas and concept keep up coming like rapid fire. I guess that Marijn and I need at least a couple of years to develop them all. But WAIT: we do not have time for that! The development in Internet is at Top Gear we have to implement things quickly.

Of the many many things we saw and learned today just a couple of highlights.


We started of with Jeff Weiner of Yahoo who told us about yahoo pipes and the strategy of Yahoo in the near future. While Google and Amazon are focusing on massive storage, yahoo is more focused on communications and communities. You know what really surprised me? The total lack of any presence of Microsoft on this conference. Nobody spoke about MS, they weren't there themselves. I think they really need to act quickly before they are a goner. (BUY YAHOO!)

Our own Dirk Willem van Gulik demonstrated Joost  and I must say it has more to it that you would think at first site. We got invited in the beta version and it is really impressive (certainly in user interface terms)  I am curious which widgets and smart channels will come out.  It will be a huge succes and my last name will be famous for ever ("are you the guy from Joost?" ) We had presentations about energy devices and open source hardware.

For Marijn and me the Mobile 2.0 part of the afternoon and the Venture Capital track were extremely insightful.
Last but not least we compared the user interface design of games with the UID of web2.0.

After a day packed with information we unwinded at Levende at Castro, one the most hip places in SF to celebrate a great Conference and time here in San Francisco.

By the way: I bought Parallels today so my macbook is now windows and linux as well.





You Might Also Like