Please make more noise...

04:36 mareku 0 Comments


Because the Prius makes virtually no noise at slower speeds when it run solely on electric power, blind people say it pose a
hazard to those who rely on their ears to determine whether it's
safe to cross the street or walk through a parking lot.
"I'm used to being able to get sound cues from my environment
and negotiate accordingly. I hadn't imagined there was anything I
really wouldn't be able to hear," said Deborah Kent Stein,
chairwoman of the National Federation of the Blind's Committee on
Automotive and Pedestrian Safety. "We did a test, and I
discovered, to my great dismay, that I couldn't hear it."

Maybe Debbie shoul come over and listen to my Prius in the morning when I try to leave my garage: It is screaming like hell! The rear gear beeps constantly, the parkingsensors roar and the don't forget your safety belt alarm kicks in as well.... The neighbors didn't complain just yet...

You Might Also Like