Why do we all have funny Twitter nick names?

21:30 mareku 0 Comments


During the last week the several speakers showed us how we could contact them by email (which is almost always made up by their name plus organisation .com) and their twitter adress. What strikes me as really funny that almost everybody has a funny or creative twitter username. My friends as well Eddie has EPFAP, Marijn is rain, Eric is Cyberic and I am Mareku (which actually translates as little mark in Czech) I guess that nobody took twitter really serious when they invented their username. Now that is is a major force will we see some changes? I hope not - I really do like creative names!

Don Reisinger on Cnet came up with a couple of suggestions:
1. Don't be afraid to use your real name.
2. Don't use curse words or obscenity in your username.
3. Do tell us about your profession or your interests. 
4. Do be creative.
5. Do distinguish yourself.
6. Don't look like a bot.
7. Don't use a celebrity's name unless it's your name too.
8. Do consider its impact.

If you need to you can change your username here
@mareku

You Might Also Like